1. Automate Your Sales Cycle and grow your Business
1. Automate your Sales cycle and grow your Business
Sales Automation in Zomentum allows you to automate certain actions as soon as an event trigger occurs. You can set a number of trigger events which when completed, will automatically perform certain tasks such as update field properties, send email alerts, create tasks and any other sales activities.
Automation in Zomentum is made up of two parts - a trigger event and an action event.
The trigger event tells when the automation should run. It is the "if" portion of an if-then equation: if the programmed action occurs, the automation will run.
This can be the creation or updating of an Opportunity, Client, Document, Task, Meeting, Call log, and Email log in your Zomentum account.
The action event tells what action should be performed when the automation runs. It is the "then" part of an if-then equation: once the trigger event has occurred, this is the action you wish to take place.
This can be the creation or updating of Opportunity, Client, Document, Task, Meeting, Call log, and Email log in Zomentum, or Sending of an email.
Hence, Sales automation will help you save time and effort by automating repetitive and administrative tasks like sending a Welcome email every time an opportunity is created, or updating the status of your client after they sign a document.
1.1 Set up Sales Automation Process
Go to Sales Automation Icon available on the left navigation bar.
Click on "Create New". You will see a new page to create automation.
Enter the name for the automation rule to easily identify it in future.
Select the required trigger from the available options for the automation to execute.
Next, you can select the criteria which you want to apply based on the triggered variable, Client, Document or the Opportunity.
Eg: if Document is selected as a trigger variable then you can filter on Document, Client or Opportunity
6. Now choose what action you want to perform when the Automation rule is triggered. The actions can be based on :
Creating a new Action
Updating fields of the triggered entity
Update fields of all related activities of the triggered. E.g.: Mark all the related task as completed whenever an opportunity is update and Stage has changed to Won
Note: You can choose up to five actions to execute in one automation rule.
7. Depending on the action selected you would need to provide additional information for the action to execute. Eg: As we are updating the Client and Opportunity fields, we would need to provide the field names that are to be newly updated.
8. Once you have activated your automation rule, all of your sales automation will be listed on the Sales Automation page within the Zomentum app.
Note: In case you have multiple sales automation with the same trigger and filters, we will only run the topmost automation rule.
Now, that we know the setup procedure for Sales Automation, let’s see how Sales automation can help us in our Sales cycles.
1.2 Let’s Make it Work for You - Sales Automation Use Case
To understand how the Sales automation makes closing deals easier, let's look at a few use cases which Zomentum Sales Automation can perform.
Matt is a Sales Consultant at XYZ Corp and has a number of opportunities which he wants to automate. Just after identifying potential leads (clients), he has a number of actions which keep on repeating for each client. Zomentum helps in automating such activities by just following these steps: (following numerical sequence as shown in Fig 1)
Fig 1. Flow diagram of Sales Automation Use cases
Send an email to schedule a meeting when the Opportunity Stage is changed to “Qualification”. Similarly, you can create different tasks on opportunity stage updates
Send a Mail alert to the owner of the Opportunity when new opportunity created/updated
3. Create new Task for further steps ( eg: Schedule a meeting, add notes)
4. Send Proposal Document to Clients over Email (needs email host authentication )
5. Document is won -> Move opportunity to the won stage
6. Send Welcome/Onboarding email when the opportunity is marked as won
Use case Matrix
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- No headings available. Use Paragraph Format to add one.