This article will walk you through on the steps to enable two-factor authentication in Zomentum
By default, logging into Zomentum requires just your username and password. By enabling two-factor authentication (2FA), logging in requires additional verification from another device, such as your mobile phone. This increases the security of your account and lowers the risk of an intruder gaining access to your account significantly. Zomentum supports 2FA to be done through an authenticator app, such as Microsoft Authenticator.
Enable two-factor authentication
To set up two-factor authentication in Zomentum:
- In your Zomentum account, click the Settings -> Account on the left navigation bar
- Got to Security section and Enable Two-factor authentication
- Once enabled, the next time you log in you will asked to set up 2FA with an authenticator app of your choice
- By default, Zomentum will ask you to set up via the Auth0 Guardian app. If you want to use Auth0 Guardian app, else click on Try another method below
- Once you click on Try another method you can choose Google Authenticator or similar
- Next scan the QR code via the authenticator app of your choice and enter the one-time code
- The last step is to save the recovery codes safely. This is important in case you lost your device or don't have access to the authenticator app
- Once you have set-up the two-factor authentication, every time you log in you will be prompted to add one-time code from the app.
Note: The two factor authentication once enabled will be enabled for all the users present in Zomentum's account.
Zomentum supports most of the popular Authenticator app. However we do not support DUO authenticator app at the moment.