This article will walk through how to integrate your Ingram Micro account with your Zomentum account. The integration will allow you to retrieve real-time pricing and availability from Ingram Micro when adding a product to a document. This will remove the need to manage your products in two places.
There are two ways to integrate Ingram Micro with Zomentum:
- Via API credentials (Recommended) - This utilizes Ingram's new APIs to make calls to Ingram and get real-time prices & availability
- Via XML credentials - This utilizes Ingram's older XML version to retrieve real-time prices & availability
Integrating using Ingram's API credentials:
To integrate with Zomentum using Ingram's new API, you would first need to create a Production App on Ingram's developer portal. Follow the below steps to create an app and retrieve API credentials from Ingram:
- Sign up for Ingram's developer account at https://developer.ingrammicro.com/user/register
- Log in to the developer portal if you have already registered.
- Go to the "Apps" section inside the portal
- Click on "Add Production App"
- Set the app name (Ex.: Zomentum)
- In the description field mention that this app is for a third-party solution called zomentum (Ex.: Third-party app "Zomentum" will use the app to query real-time pricing and availability from Ingram)
- Enable "Product Catalog" API product
- Enter your sales/account manager email
- Add the app. This will submit the app for approval. It usually takes 2 days to get approved.
- Click on the app again, and note down Customer number, ClientID, and Client Secret. This will be needed to connect Ingram with Zomentum.
Once the app is approved follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings -> Integration
- Click on Ingram
- Select "API Credentials" from the dropdown
- Enter customer number (Ex.: 20-222234)
- Note there is a hyphen after the first 2 digits, you would need to enter the customer number with the hyphen
- Enter ClientID and Client Secret (Retrieved in previous steps)
- Select region (API credentials is only supported in USA and Canada currently)
- Hit Save to connect
Integrating using Ingram's XML credentials:
To integrate Ingram Micro with Zomentum you will need access credentials to Ingram Micro's IM-XML (Mustang) API for Partners. Note that these are not the same credentials you use to log into Ingram Micro. To request access, you’ll need to contact the Ingram Micro support team.
Below is an example email you can use to contact Ingram Micro's support team to request IM-XML access:
We would like to set our account up with access to the IM-XML (Mustang) API. Please provide the XML credentials.
Below is our account information:
Company Name: *[Your Company Name]*
Ingram Micro Account Number: *[Your Ingram Micro Account Number]*
Below is the contact information for Ingram Micro support team:
Electronic Commerce Support (ECS)
Setting up Integration:
- Navigate to Settings -> Integrations tab
- Click on Ingram Micro under distributors section.
- A right-side drawer will appear where you will be asked to enter credentials. These are the IM-XML API credentials and not the one you use to login to Ingram Micros
- Enter Login ID, Password and select Region
- Hit Save and you will be connected
Using the integration:
Once you are connected whenever you search a product from Etilize while adding the product to Quote block. We will show the real-time pricing & availability along with the product details.
To search for products in Etilize:
- Drag and drop a quote block in a document
- Click on Add Product
- Select Etilize from the Dropdown
- Search for the product. The results will show the real-time pricing from the integrated distributors
- Before adding the product to the quote block, you can set the Sell price and change any other product details required.