Step 1: Microsoft
- Go to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx
- Click Create
- Give the app a new name for e.g. Zomentum. Click on Next.
- Click on copy password to clipboard to copy your app password. Please note that the password will not be displayed again if you don’t copy it now and you will have to generate a new one. Paste it somewhere handy, you will need it soon.
Step 2: Zomentum
- Go to dashboard.zomentum.com/login
- Log into your account.
- Go to the settings tab from the left side pane.
- Click on Add account under Email Integrations.
- Enter your email address.
- Paste the app password that you generated from your Microsoft account in Step 1.
- Click on Sign In.
By default, Zomentum performs auto discovery to determine what the best server settings are to connect. Sometimes auto discovery might not work properly and you might need to manually input advanced settings to authenticate your account.
If your exchange username is different than your email address, then only you should enter it in the advanced settings form. This can be of the format firstname.lastname@example.org or DOMAIN\username, and is usually the same as your Windows login.
For the Exchange Server you should enter the address of your Exchange server, like mail.office365.com or outlook.office365.com. You can see this in the address bar when logging in to the Outlook Web App.
If you are sure the details are correct but login is failing, this may be due to connection issues. Please make sure you have not entered a server name that requires VPN access.