This article will walk you through on the steps to enable two-factor authentication in Zomentum
By default, logging into Zomentum requires just your username and password. By enabling two-factor authentication (2FA), logging in requires additional verification from another device, such as your mobile phone. This increases the security of your account and lowers the risk of an intruder gaining access to your account significantly. Zomentum supports 2FA to be done through an authenticator app, such as Microsoft Authenticator.
Enable two-factor authentication
To set up two-factor authentication in Zomentum:
- In your Zomentum account, click Settings -> Account on the left navigation bar
- Got to the Security section and Enable Two-factor authentication
- Once enabled, the next time you log in you will be asked to set up 2FA with an authenticator app of your choice
- By default, Zomentum will ask you to set up via the Auth0 Guardian app. If you want to use the Auth0 Guardian app, else click on Try another method below
- Once you click on Try another method you can choose Google Authenticator or similar
- Next, scan the QR code via the authenticator app of your choice and enter the one-time code
- The last step is to save the recovery codes safely. This is important in case you lost your device or don't have access to the authenticator app
- Once you have set up the two-factor authentication, every time you log in you will be prompted to add a one-time code from the app.
Note: For security reasons, Zomentum requires you to set your 2FA. If you use your account from a different device, you should reset the authentication. You may reach out to support either via live chat or via email, and we would be happy to assist you with the same.